Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Anniversary Heritage Quilters!

I was thrilled to be invited to the Heritage Quilters of the Hudson Palisades 30th anniversary party! After a morning of classes, where two of my instructors, Beth Jones and Pam Capen taught, they had a delicious luncheon. Marion Piehler, Boots Breden and Mary Kennedy - 3 of the charter members, were present and shared their memories of the guilds humble beginnings. Long time member, Rachel Kaufman, shared a display of all her antique notions and sewing machines.  Very cool! It was so good to see this event well attended.Kudos to the ladies who organized the event...thier favors of quilted wallets and fabric cupcakes were adorable!  I have in my heart a soft spot for the Heritage Quilter as that is where I learned all about quilting!  I wish them another 30 + years! Happy Anniversary!

No comments: